Million Hours Campaign
Million Hours Campaign - National Engineers Week Foundation
Every day, engineers around the world volunteer an untold number of hours by giving back and reaching out to possible future engineers. National Engineers Week organizers want the world to know and see the collective strength of these efforts and are challenging all engineers to not only contribute to outreach activities, but log their volunteer hours on a newly designed Web site. The goal? To reach one million hours of outreach in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education.
What counts as outreach?
* Visiting a classroom;
* Participating in an extracurricular or community activity;
* Hosting a Design Squad event;
* Introducing a Girl to Engineering;
* Helping out with National Family Day;
* Coaching a Future City Competition Team
* Attending or presenting at a Career Fair; or
* Volunteering with organizations such as MATHCOUNTS, JETS,
* Support robotics competitions, or any design or engineering-related competition; or
* Many, many other activities
Let's show the world and the engineering community's collective strength in protecting the health. safety, and welfare of the public AND encourage future generations by showing how exciting, and sometimes amazing, engineering can be!
Visit the website: http://www.eweek.org
Log your hours: http://www.millionhours.djangodomain.com/